World Environment Day 2018 Celebrations
CDS is a Green Protocol Institution now
As part of the Government of Kerala’s Haritha Keralam Mission, Green Protocol is implemented in CDS from today, 5 June 2018. A set of guidelines has been issued to CDS communities as part of the implementation of the Green Protocol.
The guidelines are:
- Residents on campus are instructed to strictly clean, segregate plastic waste and hand it over to the waste collector.
- Non residents are advised that plastic carrybags, bottles etc. are not allowed inside the campus.
- Food and drinking water should be brought in stainless steel or glass utensils only.
- Visitors are liable to be stopped at the security gate if they carry plastic items.
- Do make sure that waste is properly segregated and deposited in the bins marked ‘non-biodegredable’ and ‘biodegrable’ available on the campus.
- Promote ink pens to prevent accumulation of plastic waste through discarded ball point pens
- Avoid paper and plastic cups and plates in public functions where food is served. Instead, use utensils that can be washed and reused.
- Avoid flowers draped in plastic covers and flex items during public functions in campus and welcome dignitaries with a flower or a book.
As part of the Environment Day celebrations held on June 5, 2018, Prof Sunil Mani, Director, along with Prof J. Devika started the day by planting a Nellika (Gooseberry) and Guava sapling in front of the newly constructed Indoor Badminton Court. Mr Ajil M (MPhil), also joined in planting a guava sapling to celebrate Environment Day in the campus.